Let There Be Light - Visiting Temple De Hirsch Sinai

Let there be light! Stunning synagogue. | Land of Honey
Sorry for the silence here last week! I took a trip west to Seattle and Oregon with my husband, pretty much at the last minute, and didn't plan ahead. Live and learn, right? It was so great to get away for a bit; something about a change in scenery is so refreshing to me. Especially at this time of year when everything starts to seem a little gray and dreary. I think this is the first significant journey I've been on in the winter and travelling in the off-season definitely has it's perks! Tickets were less money and places were less crowded. Win!
Menorahs in architecture - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
 I took some of my own advice before heading out and did a little research about Hebrew things in the Seattle area (and Portland, more to come on that in another post). Fifteen minutes of internet searches lead me to this stunning synagogue.
Let there be light - menorah - Seattle | Land of Honey
Temple De Hirsch Sinai is an architectural masterpiece. This is the largest menorah I've ever seen and how beautiful! The bottom says 'yehi or' - let there be light.
Ten commandments gate - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
Loved the ten commandments gate as well. Such a picture of a certain, "I am the door," statement. :)
Ten commandments gate - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
Here's the backside of the gate. Notice the ten commandments painted on.
Menorahs in architecture - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
Enjoying the beauty of architecture that honors YHWH! So fun to see in person!
My house shall be a house of prayer - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
I was hoping to see the inside, but it didn't work for us to go when the gift shop was open.
Menorahs in architecture - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
I love the subtlety of this design - and it really symbolizes how YHWH speaks as well, I think. If you didn't know to look for a menorah, you probably wouldn't see it. But once you can recognize that it's everywhere.
Menorahs in architecture - let there be light - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
And there was light.
Menorahs in architecture - let there be light - Temple De Hirsch Sinai | Land of Honey
What other gorgeous menorahs or architecture have you seen? Let me know! I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Looks like a great trip and very cool sight seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wondered where this was when you shared the pics on insta! Looks amazing. If we ever go over the US I'll have this on my list!

    ReplyDelete